Dual Nationality Certificate
If Bangladeshi nationals, who have received Russian citizenship, wish to keep their Bangladesh citizenship, they should apply for Dual Nationality Certificate either in Bangladesh (if resides in Bangladesh) or in Bangladesh Embassy Moscow.
Holding both Russian and Bangladesh passport without Dual Nationality Certificate is illegal.
Instructions Regarding submission of Application
1. Application seeking Dual Nationality should be submitted in the prescribed Form ‘A’ in triplicate. If the applicant is a person temporarily residing in the Bangladesh, the application shall be submitted direct to the Government and if the applicant is a person residing outside Bangladesh, the application shall be submitted to the Government through the Bangladesh Diplomatic Mission or Consulate in that country or where there is no Bangladesh Mission or Consulate in that country to a Bangladesh Mission or Consulate in that country to a Bangladesh Mission or Consulate in the country nearest to that country.
2. Every Application shall be Accompanied by:
- An affidavit on a non-judicial stamped paper of Tk. 50 or equivalent in foreign exchange affirming the truth of the statements made before a Magistrate of the 1st Class or a Notary Public and five copies of Passport size photographs (color of which 1 attested) of the applicant duly attested by a Class-I Gazetted Officer or a Magistrate of the 1st Class or a Notary Public. If the absence of a Magistrate of the 1st Class or a Notary Public, the affidavit or photograph may be attested by the First Secretary or persons of equivalent status of the concerned Mission.
- Treasury Chalan of Tk. 2000 or equivalent in Foreign Exchange under the Head “|1|2201|0001|2681| Non-Tax Revenue – Citizenship and Passport”.
- Documentary evidence, if any, regarding remittances of Bangladesh.
- A copy of foreign Citizenship or birth certificate.